With more and more computer and electronic goods being purchased every year we are in dire need of disposing of our old ones. Here are multiple reasons you should think twice about putting your old computers and electronics in the bin when they are at the end of their useful lives.
- Electronic products are made from valuable resources and materials, including metals, plastics, and glass, all of which require energy to time and manufacture.
- Donating or recycling consumer electronics conserves our natural resources and avoids air and water pollution, as well as greenhouse gas emissions that are caused by manufacturing virgin materials.
- Most of the e-waste in the world, that isn’t processed through a certified electronics recycler, ends up in 3rd world countries. Many of these countries are not aware, or are incapable of addressing, the environmental issues caused by dumped e-waste.
- Disposing of your electronics via a WEEE recycler like us ensures your old laptop won’t end up in a landfill and cause environmental damage to your own community or any other community in the world.
Did you know?
- Recycling one million laptops saves the energy equivalent to the electricity used by more than 3,500 UK homes in a year.
- For every million mobile phones we recycle, 35 thousand pounds of copper, 772 pounds of silver, 75 pounds of gold and 33 pounds of palladium can be recovered.
Why choose London City Waste Clearance?
The removal of electronic waste comes with many stipulations and guidelines. We are fully compliant with all of them, so whether you require the service for your home or business, you can guarantee the job will be carried out in line with the relevant legislation.
Having your electronics recycling managed by us means that many of your old computers’ working components will be reused. Reusing components greatly diminishes the time and energy required to turn out a single unit during the manufacturing process.
Throwing away your office’s old electronics into bins leaves you extremely susceptible to information theft, even if you think you’ve deleted all your files on that broken computer, notebook, smartphone, laptop, or digital scanner. Choosing London City Waste Clearance means your identity will be protected!
For further information CALL US NOW on 020 8558 1782 to speak to one of our friendly staff.
Do you need waste recycling in London? Contact us using the form below for a free, no-obligation same day quote.
Find out more about our services in your area:
· City of London
· North London
· East London
· South London
· West London